BEFORE REGISTERING YOU MUST READ THESE RULES COMPLETELY. BY MAKING THE REGISTRATION, YOU ACCEPT THESE RULES, SO THE ORGANIZATION WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMS RELATED TO THIS CONTENT
Article 1. EVENT AND ORGANIZATION
The Free Motion Desafío La Titanica 2021 is defined as a cyclosportive according to the Specific Instruction for the Road Cycle Touring Parades of the Spanish General Traffic Administration (DGT).
It is promoted by the Illustrious City Council of Mogan and the company DG Eventos S.L, who holds the management and production for the event.
Article 2. EVENT PLACE AND DATES
The event will take place on March 20th 2021 and it will pass by different locations on the island. The center of operations is established at the ANFI DEL MAR hotel located in the municipality of Mogan.
The start time of Free Motion Desafío La Titanica 2021 is at 08:00. The participants must be present at the start of every stage with enough time in advance for picking up the numbers & the recording time chips.
Article 3. Stage of the March 20th
Saturday, 20th of March: the Free Motion Desafío La Titanica. 2021
Starting time: 08:00 h
Departure place: ANFI DEL MAR island
Elevation gain: 3450 m
It consists of three timed sections:
-TC nº1 of 9 km from Cercados de Espino to Cruz de San Antonio
-TC nº2 of 12 km from Pie de la Cuesta to Degollada de Tasartico
-TC nº3 of 22 km from Barranco de La Aldea to GC-60 crossing (Ayacata)
As it is a cycling sports event, cyclists will always march in the right lane of traffic and occupy a bubble of no more than 2 km in the untimed sections of open traffic in the opposite direction.
The timed sections will be carried out with the road closed to traffic completely, but it is always recommended to be careful and to ride on the right side of the road, especially on the downhill sections without visibility.
Information regarding this stage can be found at www.desafiolatitanica.com
The organization reserves the right to modify everything relative to itineraries, kilometers, timings, trophies, etc, when justified reasons and circumstances so require.
Article 4. CYCLISTS LIMIT
Free Motion Desafío La Titánica 2021 stablishes a limit of 300 cyclists.
Article 5. CUT-OFF TIMES AND WITHDRAWALS
The organization reserves the right to force the participant to abandon the stage:
- Whenever the participant shows signs of extreme fatigue, dehydration, extremely slow rhythm or present any anomalous symptoms that prevent him from participating normally.
- If the participant fails to comply with any of the rules stablished by the organization (see disqualifications section).
- Once the regulatory cut-off time has finished since the start of the stage.
On certain stages, the organization will allow cyclists who are not in optimal physical condition to temporarily abandon the stage, getting on the stage closing vehicle, to join again in the next meeting point or refreshment/aid stations for being able to finish the stage with the rest of cyclists.
The maximum time to finish the stage will be 7 hours.
In the timed sections, there is a maximum time for completion. If this limit is exceeded, the cyclist must abandon the race or continue under his own responsibility, handing over the bib to a member of the organization.
– The timed section nº 1 must be finished in a maximum of 1h and 30 min.
– The timed section nº 2 must be finished in a maximum of 1h.
– The timed section nº 3 must be finished in a maximum of 2h and 30 min.
Article 6. PARTICIPATION
The event is opened to cyclists of any nationality, federated or not, over 16 years of age for any of the modalities, and must be correctly registered in time and form as specified in the event regulations.
Each cyclist participates in the test under his / her entire responsibility and declares that he / she has a sufficient level of physical condition to complete it.
It is not allowed the inclusion during the stages of any cyclist who is not properly registered, or companions, or journalists or any other person who is not properly authorized by the organization.
Article 6.1. Participation with e-bikes
The use of electric bicycles is allowed under the following conditions:
- The bicycle must be “pedelec” type. A “pedelec” is a bicycle that is assisted by an electric motor only if the pedals are used.
- There is no limitation on motor power or battery capacity.
- The use of 2 or more batteries is allowed.
- The cyclist with e-bike can not help other cyclists with traditional bicycle to move, nor to serve them as a wind screen. In the case the organization detects it, it will not take the recorded time of the cyclists involved and it may be a reason for disqualification.
- They must respect the cutting times established for the rest of the cyclists, and they will have a category with independent classification.
Article 7. MANDATORY EQUIPMENT
It is mandatory to use a certified helmet and the appropriate clothing, the cyclist must abandon the stage if it does not comply with this article.
With the aim of monitoring and controlling the participants in the different segments / sections of the road, the organization will provide a chip-number which is mandatory wearing it. The chip must be in a visible place for its right reading.
It is not allowed to participate with the chip of another participant under any circumstances or manipulate it.
Due to the strong and continuous slopes of a part of the route, it is recommended to use developments suitable for the high mountains, such as the 34 x 28/30 teeth.
It is also recommended that to avoid fatigue, the cyclist should carry enough energy bars, gels or any other energy product for intense efforts.
Article 8. REGISTRATION
Those interested in participating may register from December 1st 2020 in the following ways:
– Through the official website. On the page www.desafiolatitanica.com and with payment through virtual POS.
– In person at all Free Motion shops based in Canary Islands. See https://www.free-motion.com for locations.
Article 9. REGISTRATION FEES
Once the registration is made, there will be no refund of the race fee for any reason. Similarly, the change of ownership of the registration is not allowed.
The registration period begins on November 26th 2020 17:00 and finishes on Monday March 15th 2021 at 23:59 or until it run out of places.
From November 26th 2020 to January 6th 2021
From January 6th 2021 to March 15th 2021
Canary islands residents Federation members
|General Inscription||Canary islands residents Federation members||General Inscription|
|Desafío La Titánica||55 €||65 €||65 €||75 €|
|Fiesta de la BICI (21/03) enrolled in La Titanica||0€||0€||10€||10 €|
|Fiesta de la BICI (21/03) not enrolled in La Titanica||15 €||25 €||15 €||25 €|
Article 10. MAILLOT AND RECORDING TIME CHIP PICK-UP
The delivery of the maillot for those cyclists enrolled in the Free Motion Desafío La Titanica. will take place:
- On Friday March 19th at the Hotel Oficial ANFI DEL MAR during the hours established by the organization.
- In selected FREEMOTION stores on the islands between March 15 and 17, 2021.
It will be necessary to present and ID or Passport for the pick-up.
To remove the maillot of another participant, the representative must present their ID or Passport together with an authorization signed with the photocopy of the ID or Passport of the participant in question.
The delivery of the recording time chip will be made from 1 hour and 30 minutes before the start time of each stage.
Article 11. PRIZES AND TROPHIES Free Motion Desafío La Titanica
Finisher medal for each participant and trophy for the first three classified per category.
Cash prizes Free Motion Desafío La Titanica.:
1stplace (men): 300€
2nd place (men): 200€
3rd place (men): 100€
1st place (women): 300 €
2nd place (women): 200 €
3rd place (women): 100 €
1stclassified canary (men): 150 €
1st classified canary (women): 150 €
*To opt a prize in cash it must be at least 30 male participants and 10 female participants
CATEGORIES FOR Free Motion Desafío La Titanica
Sub23 (18-22 years)
Elite (23-29 years)
Master 30A (30-34 years)
Master 30B (35-39 years)
Master 40A (40-44 years)
Master 40B (45-49 years)
Master 50 (50-59 years)
Master +60 (from 60 years old)
E-bike mode without age group
The Individual Classification will be given by the sum of the individual times of the three special stages.
Note: All categories will be male and female.
* The prizes ceremony by categories will take place on Saturday March 20th at the ISLA DE ANFI, city of Mogan along with a cocktail party for all participating cyclists.
Article 12. SERVICES FOR PARTICIPANTS
REFRESHMENT/AID STATIONS. Liquid and solid refreshments at the points of the route established by the organization and at the finish line.
CLOAKROOM. Wardrobe service at the start and finish line.
TOILETS at departure, finish line and main refreshment/aid stations.
MASSAGE SERVICE at the end of the stage.
REPAIRSHOP SERVICE at the start and the finish line plus support on the road.
MEDICAL AND FIRST AID SERVICES. – Health care service along the route and at the finish line.
MEDICAL INSURANCE. – The organization will hire sports accident insurance for each one of the participants not federated in the event.
TIME TRIAL with recording time chips.
SAFETY ON THE ROUTE guaranteed by motorcycle guards, road police, opening and closing vehicles, volunteers, etc.
TIME TRIAL SECTIONS with complete road closure for traffic.
Article 13.REFRESHMENT/AID STATIONS AND MEETING POINTS
The organization reserves the right to locate the aid stations on the route according to the most suitable places for it and as close as possible to the previously mentioned kilometric points.
The location of the refreshment/aid stations and meeting points will be defined in the tab and profiles of each stage.
There will be liquid and solid (snacks) supply points at the foot of La Cuesta and La Aldea de San Nicolás.
There, the cyclist may stop to refill his or her bottles and then continue the route towards the next timed section, practically immediately, in the sequential and grouped starts indicated by the organization every 10-15 minutes; without having to wait necessarily for the last rider to arrive and always within the established cut-off times.
The main feed-zone is established in the town of Ayacata, once the three timed sections are finished; and from that point on, the traffic will continue in groups and on the right side of the road.
Artículo 14 – PENALTIES
The following behaviors of the participants will have penalties and may include the disqualification of the event.
1.- Omission of assistance to another person.
2.- Withdrawal without having notified the organization at the time is produced.
3.- Misbehavior towards other participants or towards the organization.
4.- Non following the stage director orders, commissioners, refreshment/aid stations staff, doctors/nurses or competent authorities.
5.- Lack of mandatory equipment or refusal to perform a material inspection.
6.- Skip control points.
7.- To voluntary dispose garbage outside the authorized areas at the refreshment stations or any type of behavior that may alter the natural environment.
By registering for the Free Motion Desafío La Titanica., participants give their consent to DG Eventos, by itself or through third parties, to treat their personal data automatically and exclusively for sports, promotional or commercial purposes. Each member authorizes these entities to send commercial information related to their products and services.
In accordance with what is established in the General Data Protection Regulations, the participant has the right to access these files in order to rectify or cancel their content completely or partially.
To request the withdrawal you must send an email to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Likewise, and in accordance with the sports, promotion, distribution and exploitation interests of the Free Motion Desafío La Titanica. for the whole world, the participants authorize the organizers of the event to record completely or partially their participation in the event. Photographs, films, television, radio, video, internet and any other means known or to be known, so all the rights related to its commercial and advertising exploitation that is considered appropriate, without time limit and without the right to receive economical compensation.
Article 16. PARTICIPANTS STATEMENT
When making the payment for the inscription of the Free Motion Desafío La Titanica., each participant declares under his responsibility:
– NOT to suffer acquired or congenital physical diseases and / or injuries that could cause disorders in their health or living conditions, as a consequence of their participation in the Free Motion Desafío La Titanica.
– Have performed the relevant medical checks and being medically fit and properly trained to carry out the activities that will take place in the Free Motion Desafío La Titanica.
– Commit to collaborate and comply with the instructions received (organizers, Local Police, Civil Protection, Volunteers, Judges, etc.), to ensure the safety of all cyclists and the good behavior on the event.
– Declares to carry out the activities related to the Free Motion Desafío La Titanica. by its own will, under its own exclusive risk and assumes exclusively responsibility for its activities, goods, health and physical and / or mental integrity, assuming all civil and / or criminal liability and refusing to make any kind of claim to the organization and / or sponsors and / or institutions, both public and private, participants in the organization of the Free Motion Desafío La Titanica, regarding any damage, including without limitation of physical, moral, material damage, theft, loss or of any kind that could suffer or be caused to its person or its property before, during or after the activity related to the Free Motion Desafío La Titanica., although the damages could arise due to negligence or fault on the part of the named ones.
Article 17. RULES APPROVAL
All the participants, due to the fact of registering, accept the present rules and the disclaimer included in the participants statement (article 16 of this regulation). In case of doubt or if a situation arises that is not reflected in this regulation, it will be accepted what proposed by the organization.
Article 18. CANCELLATION BY MAJEURE FORCE
In case of cancellation of the event or postponement of the same due to majeure force, adverse weather conditions, decision of the competent authority, etc., will not proceed to refund or compensate the amount paid in the registration.
2021 update: Due to the incidence of the pandemic caused by COVID-19, from the organization of the Free Motion Desafío La Titanica., it has been decided to modify this article. At the time of registration, all participants have cancellation insurance included. This allows them to cancel the registration up to 15 days before, at no cost, regardless of the reason for the withdrawal. Similarly, if the race cannot be held on the scheduled date due to its suspension or mobility restrictions determined by the competent authorities, registrants may:
– Request a refund of the full amount.
– Postpone their registration for the next edition.